No one is to be found who has nothing
attained from education.
Nemo reperitur qui sit studio nihil consecutus.
Quintilian, The Orato'r's education 1.1.2
The CEC welcomes and develops different projects for the dissemination of Classics. These iniciatives seek to promote Classical Studies and to provide educational services to the community. Some of our projects are well established and are organised on a regular basis.
An original pilot project developed by the Centre and the Departamento de Estudos Clássicos since 2009. The project promotes the study of classical languages and cultures among children and young adolescents (7-14 years). Participants are between seven and fourteen years old.
Latin for youtubers
Clássicos em Rede
A network of secondary school teachers with the purpose of creating activities for primary and secondary school students on ancient Greece and Rome. The network organises, inter alia, the Olimpíadas Clássicas, a contest that awards the best works of students in different categories.
Check it here.
Classics on Stage
Clássicos em Cena is a project that aims to disseminate Classical and Portuguese theatre, mainly from the 16th century, since 2016. The activities include staged readings and cultural meetings.
Check it here.
- Arnaldo do Espírito Santo, Maria Cristina Pimentel, Ana Travassos Valdez | Não Merecia António Vieira aos Portugueses… | June 13, 2020
- Silvina Pereira | Náufragos, navegadores e actores | May 21, 2020
- Pedro Braga Falcão | Alegoria das Cavernas | May 11, 2020
- Pedro Braga Falcão | As bolachas do meu descontentamento | May 6, 2020
- Pedro Braga Falcão | 25 de Abril, um símbolo de duas partes | April 22, 2020
- Silvina Pereira | Cultura: tem graça, mas pouca | December 10, 2019
- Nuno Pacheco | Clássicos em Cena estão de volta com a integral de Jorge Ferreira de Vasconcelos | November 25, 2019
- Pedro Braga Falcão | José Mário Branco | November 20, 2019
No outreach events at the moment.